Friday, December 15, 2017

The Cave Essay Reflection (i couldn't think of a good title and im upset)

For this essay, we were tasked with answering these questions: How does the allegory augment our understanding of the strengths and limitations to knowledge presented by the Ways of Knowing and for what real-world context(s) could the allegory provide a useful lens and how might such a lens augment our understanding of the world in which we live? We were asked to discuss how each element of the story correlated with a real life event and the ways of knowing going into detail.

Initially when I had started this assignment, I had absolutely zero idea what the story was about, what our assignment was even asking and how to even start and I can definitely see that reflected in my writing. Normally, I never do outlines for writing cause they take extra time that I don't care to spend, but it's really something I should get into the habit of doing. There were a lot of open ended statements, with no proof to hold them up (I have gotten this comment NEVER been good at in writing is conclusions. I never know how to sum up all of what I just said without just making a carbon copy of the intro, which I don't like doing, so my conclusions are usually just 2-3 sentences that add nothing (which you commented). Another thing I notice is a bunch of general grammar mistakes because I never proof read, which is something else I should start doing.
on nearly every single one of my essays I've written this year for all of my classes). As pointed out in my essay comments, I do give a lot of vague, unclear statements. Because I wrote the essay so long ago, I can only assume that they're vague because A) I didn't understand what I was saying or B) I was trying to reach the word count. Rereading the essay now, I couldn't tell you what I was trying to say. One thing I have

Though clearly not my strongest essay, there are a few strengths of which were commented on.When I do actually know what I'm talking about, I tend to give thorough, and lengthy explanations. Yet, within those lengthy explanations, I left vague statements. It's like a never-ending loop of mediocre writing.

If I were given the chance to rewrite this essay today, I would definitely start with an outline and drop my weak arguments. It would be light years better than what's currently written. Though, my conclusion, as usual, would still be a pile of garbage.

2 comments:

  1. hey thx 4 checking in im """still a piece of garbageee"""

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do i subscribe

    ReplyDelete